Henri Nouwen wrote in Out of Solitude that Jesus’ life was characterized by a rhythm with three primary elements which flowed in this order:
- Solitude: time alone for communion with the Father
- Community: investing in the lives of his disciples and receiving their support
- Ministry: healing, teaching, and pouring himself out for others
The Mobile Member Care Team (MMCT) seeks to follow Christ’s example:
- Our communion with God sustains us as we understand who we are in relation to Him and His love for us.
- We nurture our own community (team) relationships so that we are mutually encouraged, challenged to grow and accountable. By this we also demonstrate what we are trying to train others to do.
- Finally, our ministry flows out of the strength and quality of our relationships: with God and with our community.